[Bacula-devel] Modifications to storage

Greetings

With the now modified storage tree which allows for a view of the media
that is currently in the storage device for changers, I am having two
issues which are unrelated.

First is that I have a storage device that has a stanza in bacula-dir
that looks like:

Storage {
  Name = DDS-4
  Address = srvalum2.schupan.com
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "IeMSHAKuwjFMJentFA7/757/ICK3Pz5JKVqgTpkkS7SH"
  Device = DDS-4
  Media Type = DDS-4
  Autochanger = no
}

The issue is that the database and therefore bat shows it as having the
changer flag on.

Here is the stanza from the storage daemon

Device {
  Name = DDS-4                        #
  Media Type = DDS-4
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
# Changer Command = "/usr/libexec/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
# Changer Device = /dev/sg0
# AutoChanger = yes
  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
 Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}

So why does my database say changer is present for this device.

OK, so you may ask why I did not ask that question of the users list,
but it relates to my second thing.  If I want to have the storage tree
behave differently based on if the storage object has a changer or not.

The second thing is that for storage devices without a changer, I don't
see a good sql command to determine what tape is in the device.  Would
it be possible for a relatively simple dot command to query the director
for what one media is in a storage device without a changer??  Or would
it be preferable for non changer storage devices to just not display
media contained in the device as sub objects in the storage tree.

Dirk