Re: [Bacula-devel] patch: bat trunk: improve joblog formatting

On Thursday 15 May 2008 07:43:50 rghetta wrote:
> Hello Kern,
> yes, I've changed the ordering from
> 	job.starttime desc, job.jobid desc
> 	job.starttime=0 desc, job.starttime desc, job.jobid desc
> exactly to show records with starttime zero before the others.
>
> I've done that because I had to scroll to the bottom to see the
> scheduled-but-not-already-started jobs.
> I thought that change was an improvement, sorry :-)

Nothing to be sorry about.  If we don't experiment, we might miss some good
ideas.  The only question is whether or not the current behavior is what we
really want.

What you did made sense, and I suppose I wouldn't have a problem seeing
scheduled jobs, but I also seem to see all the old jobs that were scheduled
but didn't actually run.

Perhaps if you modify your sort to put the JobId first in the sort sequence,
it would possibly resolve the problem.

Another suggestion might be to sort by EndTime possibly pushing any jobs with
a zero end time to the end of the list???

Kern