Re: [Bacula-devel] bug ? backup fails, subsequent verify tries to check previous backup

Eric Bollengier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sunday 04 May 2008 17:22:49 rghetta wrote:
>> Hi,
>> yesterday one of my backup job failed because a beforerun script had the
>>   wrong path, so nothing was backed up.
>
> This is configurable.

Sorry, my poor english let me down again :-)
I wasn't complaining, just trying to describe what happened.
Of course I am very happy if the job fails because something is wrong.

>> Afterward, the verify job ignored the failed backup and started to check
>>   the previous (successful) run, prompting for different media and
>> blocking subsequent jobs.
>> Is this a bug or verify selects only successful jobs ?
>
> What do you want to verify with a failed job ? I think that it's not a bug,
> but a feature :)

Yes, it's silly to verify a failed job, but this was actually a
scheduled verify, coming after scheduled backups.
I just wanted to check if this was expected behavior, to avoid wasting
developers time with an incorrect bug report.

>> I've expecting the verify either to fail (because the backup failed) or
>> complete without doing nothing (because no files were written).
>
> You can use a runbefore job command to check if the previous backup
> was OK. If the command fails, the verify job will be canceled.
>
> You can also use MaxRunTime option on you verify job.

Thank for the tip.