Re: [Bacula-devel] valgrind for regression tests

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 10:46:57 Thomas Mueller wrote:
> hi there
>
> i see that ctest also supports testing with valgrind. a short test with
> a extended "accurate-test" revealed "Poentation memory leak 4,
> uninitialized memory conditional 8, uninitialize momory read 2"
> (tracking only bconsole.
>
> Dashboard url:
> http://regress.bacula.org:8081/Bacula/Dashboard/Test?testname=.DynamicAnaly
>sis.valgrind%3Aaccurate-test&submissionid=1624)
>
> is this sort of test usefull for the developers or is it just waste of
> time?

Yes, these tests are useful, but normally only during the very final stages
prior to release.  I even have a VALGRIND environment variable that turns on
valgrind in the Director.

One minor problem with valgrind is that it has a number of false reporting of
problems ...

I am not very knowledgeable of ctest.  Is there some way to turn on valgrind
testing automatically?