[Bacula-devel] vtape

Hello Eric,

For those of you who don't know what vtape is -- it is a virtual tape driver
that Eric wrote that simulates a real tape drive but using disk -- it is no
small programming accomplishment!

Nice work!  I just "converted" my test regression case so that it is
vtape/tape neutral.  It works like a charm.  One can switch back and forth
between vtape and real tape by simply changing:

USE_VTAPE=yes
USE_VTAPE=no

or vise-versa and then running:

make sed

I ran my test tests/two-vol-manual-tape both with a real tape drive and using
vtape with the above procedure and diffed the output.  The only differences
were due to dates and timing (i.e. vtape runs much faster) -- everything else
in the debug output listing was identical.

I'm looking forward to finishing up version 2.4.1 using vtape (*much* faster)
so you can move all the @xxx@ variables to the environment, and then there
will be no need to even run the "make sed" script to switch between real tape
and virtual tape.

Thanks again for the nice work.