Re: [Bacula-devel] 2.4.0 Win32 Patches unchanged from 2.2.8!

Hello,

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 16:06:48 Arthur Knight Hammer wrote:
> Greetings Kern!
>
> This is a quick "happy ending" story with caveats that may help others.
>
> Got the patches thanks to a very easy-to-use kdesvn client!
>
> Kept hanging on wxWigets compile, finally got it with the clobber option:
>
> ./build-depkgs-mingw32 -C wx
>
> When using build-depkgs-mingw32 script, it ran fine until:
>
> ftp://www.bacula.org/depkgs-mingw32/qt-win-opensource-src-4.3.4.zip
>
> where is hangs indefinitely; apparently the qt file isn't at the site?  I
> downloaded it from Trolltech, unpacked it manually, and left it as the
> script did no more with it than that.
>
> Suddenly it was time to do the win32 make!  There was one error near the
> end about NSIS missing the create_postgresql_database.sql file, and indeed
> the file was missing ... after a bit more study I realized the postgres
> files were only part of the server which is undesired anyway, so I just
> copied one of the existing .sql files in the directory into the
> corresponding *postgresql*.cmd (I think 3 .sql files were missing) to hush
> the whiner, and it compiled!  HUZZAH!
>
> I have installed it and the File Daemon is working fine!

I'm please to hear that you got through this.

> Possible developer level fixes:
> (1) qt-win-opensource-src-4.3.4.zip put on website

That file *is* on the website -- it is quite big more that 50MB if I remember
right.

> (2) Fix failure-to-create bug for a few *postgresql*sql files

All the postgresql*.sql files that I am aware of are in the SVN.  In fact, I
built the Win32 2.4.0 binaries by checking out the svn, so I cannot imagine
any way I could have forgotten those files.

I am not sure if there is anything more I can do, but I am happy you
succeeded :-)