Re: [Bacula-devel] 2.4.0 Win32 Patches unchanged from 2.2.8!

Greetings Kern!

This is a quick "happy ending" story with caveats that may help others.

Got the patches thanks to a very easy-to-use kdesvn client!

Kept hanging on wxWigets compile, finally got it with the clobber option:

./build-depkgs-mingw32 -C wx

When using build-depkgs-mingw32 script, it ran fine until:

ftp://www.bacula.org/depkgs-mingw32/qt-win-opensource-src-4.3.4.zip

where is hangs indefinitely; apparently the qt file isn't at the site?  I
downloaded it from Trolltech, unpacked it manually, and left it as the script
did no more with it than that.

Suddenly it was time to do the win32 make!  There was one error near the end
about NSIS missing the create_postgresql_database.sql file, and indeed the
file was missing ... after a bit more study I realized the postgres files
were only part of the server which is undesired anyway, so I just copied one
of the existing .sql files in the directory into the corresponding
*postgresql*.cmd (I think 3 .sql files were missing) to hush the whiner, and
it compiled!  HUZZAH!

I have installed it and the File Daemon is working fine!

Possible developer level fixes:
(1) qt-win-opensource-src-4.3.4.zip put on website
(2) Fix failure-to-create bug for a few *postgresql*sql files

Probably only a few minutes to fix both of these very minor issues.

Many thanks for your assistance Kern!

Arthur Knight Hammer