Re: [Bacula-devel] [Bacula-beta] Release 2.4.0 cut please note changes !!!!!!

On Thursday 05 June 2008 01:59:13 Frank Sweetser wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is to let you know that I have converted version 2.2.10-b5 into
> > version 2.4.0 and committed it to the SVN.  Releasing 2.4.0 (to be done
> > tonight or tomorrow) makes more sense because it makes it clear that
> > there are a lot of changes.
> >
> > Branch:
> > For developers who want to commit to the "branch", please take careful
> > note that you will need to checkout Branch-2.4   All new releases will be
> > made off that branch, and the old Branch-2.2 is obsolete.
>
> For those running nightly regress tests, does this mean that we should
> focus on Branch-2.4 and trunk, and not worry about Branch-2.2 anymore?

Yes, if you are doing Branch-2.2 tests, please switch to running on
Branch-2.4.

At the moment, the two are identical, so it is not urgent, but at some point
in the near future they will diverge.

There is an unexplained failure of the hardlink test running on CentOS (on an
Intel 64 bit machine).  If the problem does not exist in 2.2.8 (I must load
and test it), I will hold version 2.4.0 until it is resolved.  More later ...