Re: [Bacula-devel] Regression Dashboard

On Tuesday 03 June 2008 14:19:38 Thomas Mueller wrote:
> hi
>
> >> i've got a intel dual dual core with 4GB ram box standing around waiting
> >>   for some workload.
> >>
> >> i could install a small number of linux distros as virtual machines.
> >
> > Nice, we would appreciate that.
> >
> >> just tell me which ones are needed or on the wishlist. then i try to set
> >> up the whole thing.
> >
> > Currently we have some coverate for Ubuntu, openSUSE, Fedora, Mandrive,
> > FreeBSD, and CentOS (RHEL).
> >
> > As there are a lot of Debian servers out there, that would probably be my
> > first choice for having regression testing.  Then I would say Slackware
> > and Gentoo which are not covered at all.
>
> so i've set up the 3 vm's with
>
> - debian etch
> - debian lenny
> - slackware 12.1

Nice.

> i've enabled/disabled "--with-readline --disable-conio" for debian. for
> slackware this din't work altough readline was available in
> /usr/include/readline/* (same palce as in debian). so i disabled it for
> slackware.

Yes, readline is a real pain.  I usually use conio, as it only needs the
termcap/termcap-devel libraries load.  The name of the library differs
according to the distro.

> after the first run with slackware which provided many failures because
> of readline and mysql not being correctly configured, i ran it again but
> results arent updated in dashboard
> (http://regress.bacula.org:8081/Bacula/Dashboard/Submission?submissionid=12
>69). Is it just possible to run it once a day?

Yes, if you run the Nightly tests, they run once a day -- or more precisely, I
think it only keeps the last data you submit.  If you run Experimental, you
can run as many as you like and each will show up as a different test run.

Also after transferring the data to the web site (regress.bacula.org), it will
take some time (15 minutes or more if I am not mistaken) for the server to
get around to looking at the data, verifying it, and inserting it into the
web page.  Have patience.

Just the same, if the web server is overloaded, the download may fail.  The
scripts (nightly-disk, experimental-disk, ...) are all setup to retry 5 times
with a pause of 5 minutes between tries.

> > Of course, if you can get your hands on a Solaris for i386, that would be
> > really nice to see tested.
>
> as i never used solaris by know this can take a little longer. :)

Yes, I couldn't even find where to download it, but didn't really try hard.

By the way, I recommend to everyone to use "localhost" as the HOST in the
config file.  If you use anything else, it *must* be a name that can be
resolved or you will get failures -- particularly on the backup-bacula-test
run.

Thanks for implement the regression.

Kern