Re: [Bacula-devel] CTest testers needed

On Thursday 28 February 2008 19.21:56 Frank Sweetser wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have tweaked the cool new Dart code developed by Frank just a bit to
> > add the Bacula version to the BuildName line, so before running ctest
> > again, you must do:
> >
> > scripts/do_sed
> >
> > I've also added
> >
> > ./nightly-all
> >
> > which does all the regression tests including the tape tests, and it
> > turns on REGRESS_DEBUG so that the full output should be available.
>
> Heh.  I was about to suggest that, but I see you beat me to the punch =)

:-)

I am interested in seeing the volume of data, because it might be necessary to
reduce it a bit.

> I guess the biggest question now, then, is what would you like the final
> hostname for the dashboard to be?

Well, I think the official name should be dart.bacula.org or
regress.bacula.org.

> I can host it here, so aliasing whatever
> you'd like the final name to be to baculadart.wpi.edu will work.

Well, it would be really nice to have someone host it.  I suggest you discuss
it with Dan, because he offered to head up this project and host it on his
machine.  I hope the two of you can work it out to your satisfaction.

We might think if there is a way to restrict the input to Dart.  I have no
problem if any Bacula user has access to it and can submit data, but it would
be a bit of a pity if one day when we are doing final testing for a release
if some spammer came along and filled everything up with a bunch of junk.  It
is probably pretty unlikely but there do seem to be a lot of weirdos out
there ...

> Once
> that's decided, I have one more patch with a quick README.ctest and a few
> more tweaks to send in, and then I'll purge out the testing data in the
> current dashboard.

OK.

Many thanks to you and Dan (and other participants) for working on this.  It
is a really nice addition to the project, and it will make it much easier for
us to get test results from various machines ...