Re: [Bacula-devel] Reporting of regression tests

cmake It seems to be an option with Fedora

But with Red Hat ES it doesn't seem to be in the cards:

cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga)

sudo yum search cmake
Password:
Setting up repositories
rhel-x86_64-server-5      100% |=========================| 1.4 kB
00:00
rhn-tools-rhel-x86_64-ser 100% |=========================| 1.2 kB
00:00
rhel-x86_64-server-vt-5   100% |=========================| 1.4 kB
00:00
rhel-x86_64-server-hts-5  100% |=========================| 1.2 kB
00:00
rhel-x86_64-server-supple 100% |=========================| 1.2 kB
00:00
cmp-custom-5-x86_64       100% |=========================| 1.2 kB
00:00
No Matches found

				-Jason

On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 15:42 -0500, Frank Sweetser wrote:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > On Monday 25 February 2008 14.31:40 Frank Sweetser wrote:
>
> >> IIRC, wasn't Kern already talking about transitioning the build system away
> >> from automake to cmake?
> >
> > Yes, I would like to do that, but then I realized that cmake is not standard
> > software on all systems (like RedHat if I remember right), so as for
> > converting the basic Bacula build process to cmake, I am sort of taking a
> > wait and see attitude.
>
> On Fedora at least (my primary distro) cmake is in the standard install list.
>
> >> If this is still the plan, then that would enable
> >> us to use CMAke with the Dart system:
> >
> > On the other hand, to use cmake and the dart system for doing regression tests
> > poses no problems for me -- I believe that any one who is capable of running
> > the regression scripts (rather easy) could easily install cmake if it is not
> > already on his machine.
>
> I've started mucking around with ctest, and have it at least doing one run of
> tests by hand with a manually generated config.  I'll work a bit on recreating
> more of the existing functionality, and report back when I have a little more
> progress made.

Jason A. Kates (jason@xxxxxxxxx)
Fax:    208-975-1514
Phone:  212-400-1670 x2