Re: [Bacula-devel] Reporting of regression tests

Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Monday 25 February 2008 14.31:40 Frank Sweetser wrote:

>> IIRC, wasn't Kern already talking about transitioning the build system away
>> from automake to cmake?
>
> Yes, I would like to do that, but then I realized that cmake is not standard
> software on all systems (like RedHat if I remember right), so as for
> converting the basic Bacula build process to cmake, I am sort of taking a
> wait and see attitude.

On Fedora at least (my primary distro) cmake is in the standard install list.

>> If this is still the plan, then that would enable
>> us to use CMAke with the Dart system:
>
> On the other hand, to use cmake and the dart system for doing regression tests
> poses no problems for me -- I believe that any one who is capable of running
> the regression scripts (rather easy) could easily install cmake if it is not
> already on his machine.

I've started mucking around with ctest, and have it at least doing one run of
tests by hand with a manually generated config.  I'll work a bit on recreating
more of the existing functionality, and report back when I have a little more
progress made.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken