Re: [Bacula-devel] Reporting of regression tests

On Monday 25 February 2008 14.18:52 Dan Langille wrote:
> What I'd like to have is a system for reporting regression tests.
> I'm seeking
> volunteers to help design and maintain this system.  I volunteer to
> be the
> project manager / overseer / gopher.  Others can do the fun stuff:
> coding,
> etc.
>
> I can donate the server resources for the above.  What I need is people
> willing to assemble the system, either by using an existing solution or
> creating our own.  I don't think it needs to be very complex.  The
> volunteers
> will do the 'heavy lifting', whatever that will be.
>
> An example of what other projects do:
>
>    http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/
>
> I think we have a pretty good network of beta testers at the moment.
> This proposed project builds upon that.  It does not replace it.

There may be other simpler ways, but I had planned to accomplish automatic
reporting of regression tests using the CTest feature of CMake.  It also
includes a dash board.  I believe that running the current Bacula regression
tests under CTest is a pretty simple conversion, then there exists a public
dash board.  If we can get that part working, then I can put the dash board
on the Bacula server.

This would be an *enormous* benefit to the project -- having all the
regression tests automatically reported ...