Re: [Bacula-devel] Reporting of regression tests

On Monday 25 February 2008 14.31:40 Frank Sweetser wrote:
> Dan Langille wrote:
> > What I'd like to have is a system for reporting regression tests.
> > I'm seeking
> > volunteers to help design and maintain this system.  I volunteer to
> > be the
> > project manager / overseer / gopher.  Others can do the fun stuff:
> > coding,
> > etc.
> >
> > I can donate the server resources for the above.  What I need is people
> > willing to assemble the system, either by using an existing solution or
> > creating our own.  I don't think it needs to be very complex.  The
> > volunteers
> > will do the 'heavy lifting', whatever that will be.
> >
> > An example of what other projects do:
> >
> >    http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/
> >
> > I think we have a pretty good network of beta testers at the moment.
> > This proposed project builds upon that.  It does not replace it.
>
> IIRC, wasn't Kern already talking about transitioning the build system away
> from automake to cmake?

Yes, I would like to do that, but then I realized that cmake is not standard
software on all systems (like RedHat if I remember right), so as for
converting the basic Bacula build process to cmake, I am sort of taking a
wait and see attitude.

> If this is still the plan, then that would enable
> us to use CMAke with the Dart system:

On the other hand, to use cmake and the dart system for doing regression tests
poses no problems for me -- I believe that any one who is capable of running
the regression scripts (rather easy) could easily install cmake if it is not
already on his machine.

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Testing_With_CTest
>
> which looks like it does exactly what you're looking for.

:-)