[Bacula-devel] daily regression testing

Over the weekend I assembled a new system:

» 2x WD Caviar SE16 500 GB SATA (3GB/s)
» 4x 1GB DDr2 Corsair CM2X1024-8500C5D XMS2-8500 1066MHz
» AMD Pheonom Black Edition 9600 2.3 GHz Quad-Core
» MSI K9A2 Platnium m/b

The goal is this box is two-fold:

   - desktop box
   - jail server

A jail is pretty much a virtual machine.  Or close enough to it for
our purposes.   I plan to create a number of jails, each dedicated
to regression testing Bacula on FreeBSD.  At a minimum, it will
test against:

MySQL - 4.1, 5.0, 5.1
PostgreSQL 7.3, 7.4, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, 8.3
SQLite 3

That's 10 jails (machines).  I've been playing with some centralized
tools (ezail and cfengine) to help with this process.  I know I've said
it before, but I plan to have a centralized location for reporting
regression test results.  Hopefully, each of these platforms will
be tested every day.  People will be able to sign up and contribute
their results.

See my next post for details.

  http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/ezjail/
  http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/cfengine/

--
Dan Langille 215.706.5700 x147
Database Administrator, Afilias USA, Inc.

--
Dan Langille -- http://www.langille.org/
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx