[Bacula-devel] Movement detection and funding

The following is a showstopper for what I want to use Bacula for at work:
Item: 1 Accurate restoration of renamed/deleted files
Since comercial alternatives is far from cheap it might be less expensive to fund the development of this features in Bacula.

Do anyone have any estimate of what this would cost and how long it would take to get ready for production?  Understood that there might be an opportunity to use the validation mechanism during an backup.  We can of course do a lot of the testing.

We are currently using Legato to tape (LTO2) today but the restore time is too long and it lack movement detection as far as I have understood.  Backup to disk would therefore require a lot of full backups to have backups without too large differences from the source thus require a lot more diskspace thereby making it more expensive.

We have the following system to backup:
10TB of data
55GB of changes every day

Retention time 1 year but we do not need to keep every single day for a full year.

As for hardware we wanted to use an areca 1680 controller and SAS-extenders between some supermicro boxes and large disks.

--
John Enok