Re: [Bacula-devel] Feature request: enable/disable compression depending on storage device (disk/tape)

Ralf Gross schrieb:
> Item 1:   enable/disable compression depending on storage device (disk/tape)
>   Origin: Ralf Gross ralf-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>   Date:   2008-01-11
>
>   What:   Add a new option to the storage resource of the director. Depending
>           on this option, compression will be enabled/disabled for a device.
>
>   Why:    If different devices (disks/tapes) are used for full/diff/incr
> 	  backups, software compression will be enabled for all backups
> 	  because of the FileSet compression option. For backup to tapes wich
> 	  are able to do hardware compression this is not desired.
>

>   Notes: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.bacula.devel/cutoff=11124
> 	 It must be clear to the user, that the FileSet compression option must
> 	 still be enabled use compression for a backup job at all. Thus a name
>          for the new option in the director must be well-defined.

When will the projects file in the src distribution be updated? I
don't see any recent feature requests in this file (Status updated 18
August 2007).

Or is there an other place where this is kept up2date? I remember a
discussion how the next voting should be done, but is there a place
where the feature requests are gathered at the moment?

Ralf