Re: [Bacula-devel] Feature request: extended attributes

Frank Sweetser schrieb:
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
>
> > Unless you are talking about something new of which I am unaware, this has
> > been implemented in Bacula for quite some time.  It is enabled with the "ACL
> > Support = yes" directive.
>
> No, this is something separate from the POSIX ACL support.
>
> > If it is not already, implemented, then I suggest you mention the exact API
> > that is used to access the "extended attributes" you are referring to in your
> > Feature Request.
>
> >From examining the tar patch and running strace on some of the selinux utility
> programs, the underlying API appears to use the getxattr/setxattr functions in
> libattr:
>
> http://linux.die.net/man/2/getxattr
> http://linux.die.net/man/2/setxattr
> http://linux.die.net/man/2/listxattr

I've to bring this up again (as an info). I just tried to restore some
files (part of an samba share) and noticed that the extended
attributes were not backed up. The ACLs were restored fine, but ea
not. Samba can store Windows ACLs into an extended attribute.

org. file:

# getfattr 164_971FK019_20071029_035200.tgz
# file: 164_971FK019_20071029_035200.tgz
user.DOSATTRIB

After restore:

# getfattr 164_971FK019_20071029_035200.tgz
#

The files are stored on a xfs filesystem (linux), but I guess it'd be
the same with ext3. As workaround I can save the ea with 'getfattr
-R'.

Ralf