Re: [Bacula-devel] public access to BUGs database

On Wednesday 13 February 2008 16.54:15 Dan Langille wrote:
> We keep track of our bugs at http://bugs.bacula.org/
>
> disclosure: the above URL resides on my personal server.
>
> At present, you must have a login to view the database.  I am proposing to
> allow view access without a login.

Yes, that is a good idea.

> reasoning: allow other projects to point to a bug and then view it without
> logging in.
>
> downside: increased traffic on my server (not really worried about that)
>
> upside: more open
>
> Why wasn't it like this from the start?

I think it has always required a login.

> I don't know.  Perhaps I was worried about traffic.

Why?  I always imagined that was the way it worked, but never really gave it
any thought.

> Any objections?

No, it is a good idea, but assuming you change it, and you announce it, please
remind users that if they want to get emails on bugs they need to signup on
the bacula-bugs list, and if they want to submit bugs they will need a login
to the database.