Re: [Bacula-devel] public access to BUGs database

Dan Langille wrote:
> We keep track of our bugs at http://bugs.bacula.org/
>
> disclosure: the above URL resides on my personal server.
>
> At present, you must have a login to view the database.  I am proposing to
> allow view access without a login.
>
> reasoning: allow other projects to point to a bug and then view it without
> logging in.
>
> downside: increased traffic on my server (not really worried about that)
>
> upside: more open
>
> Why wasn't it like this from the start?  I don't know.  Perhaps I was
> worried about traffic.
>
> Any objections?

Given that there's already an anonymous/anonymous login, it's not exposing
anything that wasn't already visible to anyone.  Making it easier for others
to browse the bug database sounds like a good idea to me.

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken