Re: [Bacula-devel] new catalog backup script

Kern Sibbald wrote:
> I suspect that awk would be much more portable on Unix systems.

Yes, but not necessarily the same version of awk, unfortunately.
GNU/Linux tends to have new awk, whereas other, particularly
commercial versions of UNIX (e.g. Solaris) retain the old awk,
because replacing it would break customer scripts (or 3rd party
software).

I frequently have to edit scripts or Makefiles developed on Linux,
and replace "awk" with "nawk" to make them work on Solaris.

Allan