[Bacula-devel] new backup script

I've been in touch with the Ubuntu folks regarding our backup script.  Ante
Karamatić has sent me a script which parses bacula-dir.conf to extract the
login information.  The script is invoked with the name of the Catalog you
wish to backup.

This has two benefits:

- There is nothing for the user to configure.  It uses bacula-dir.conf
- no passwords

The initial proof-of-concept script was written in Python and worked only
with MySQL.  After they got it working, they sent it to me and I quickly
got it working with PostgreSQL.

Ubuntu are now asking us if awk would be preferable over Pyton?

My opinion: awk will be in the base system of most operating systems.
Python might not be.  Both are acceptable to me.

After we get the devel opinion, we'll post this to users@ too.

I will be attending another online Ubuntu server meeting today at 2100 UTC.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference: http://www.bsdcan.org/