Re: [Bacula-devel] space saving in the database

> How about Linux extended attributes (used by SELinux for example).
> And I guess ACLs could be saved as such metadata, too?

Great minds think alike...8-) A Unix stat structure is fundamentally
just a bunch of metadata about an inode or chain of inodes. It probably
makes sense to keep the name and size separate, but everything else
could be moved to a attribute-list structure that would support
structured files (ie, record oriented files), security assertions, ACLs,

That would remove a lot of the difficulty in adding new system types to