Re: [Bacula-devel] pruning - using relational integrity

Dan Langille wrote:
> I'm a big fan of relational integrity.  If you delete a job from the
> Job table, everything
> should magically disappear from the database.
>
> This approach should greatly simplify the pruning.

Since Dan said it just before I was about to hit reply, I'll just say that I
thoroughly agree with him.  In addition, it would also eliminate the need for
all of the "orphan record" checks in dbcheck.

In fact, it even looks like it's possible to simulate foreign key constraints
in sqlite using its trigger support:

http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=ForeignKeyTriggers

So now all three of the main database engines can support constraints.

Maybe in Bacula v3?  =)

WPI Senior Network Engineer   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong. - HL Mencken