[Bacula-devel] is this code intentionally?

Dear all,
  an incremental job without any since-date ...

[from the log:]
> Backup Level:         Incremental

  ... is a funny thing.

It happens when you start a job from the Run= directive
of another job and do *not* give a "Since=" in the Run=
directive.

I do not know if there is an intention behind that - if so,
then I do not get it. If not, then I might suggest to change
the code, be it for the "philosophy of least surprise".

Maybe there is no point ever in using the Run= directive *without*
the since option - but if somebody really wants to work with
"mirrored" backups, then they most likely will think very carefully
about how their since-timestamps get derived, and likely they will
do some testing and experimenting on that.
And I can say, during such testing one goes quite crazy with this
effect in place...

BTW: I must say that I think I have almost never seen a code so
     well documented and well structured. I bow in humility and
     respectfulness.

rgds,
PMc

*** src/dird/fd_cmds.c.orig     Wed Oct  3 13:36:47 2007
--- src/dird/fd_cmds.c  Thu Feb  7 03:57:49 2008
***************
*** 166,173 ****
        if (jcr->stime && jcr->stime[0]) {
           bstrncpy(since, _(", since="), since_len);
           bstrncat(since, jcr->stime, since_len);
        }
-       return;
     }
     if (!jcr->stime) {
        jcr->stime = get_pool_memory(PM_MESSAGE);

--
..having tossedaway Microsoft(tm) already in 1991!