Re: [Bacula-devel] BUG: 2.2.6 on Debian

On Mon, February 4, 2008 1:47 pm, John Stoffel wrote:

> Ok, now that I realize there's an actual flag in the DB for InChanger
> status, which gets updated, I see that it's working.  But I still
> wonder why, if you update the InChanger status to be 0, you don't also
> update the Slot to be Zero as well?
>
> As a matter of fact, it doesn't seem to make any sense at all to have
> the InChanger flag, since by definition if the Slot > 0, then it is in
> the changer.
>
> Now I can see that "Which" changer is a valid question, and would be
> related to the StorageId value.

Any further questions on this topic should be on the users@ list. Please.

There was a time when just the Slot number was used.  For good reasons,
which I do not recall, the InChanger flag was added.  Trust us.  It made
sense.  Search the archives if nobody gives a better answer.

But please, start with the users@ list when you find what you think is a
bug.  They are very good at diagnosing issues.  This frees up developers
for doing things that *only* developers can do. Please.  Thank you.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/