Re: [Bacula-devel] 2.2.6 bug report

>> It would also be nice if Bacula could do more post-processing of the
>> mysql queries to better format them to 80 columns, but that's me.  I
>> guess I should see about hacking code to supply a patch.

Kern> You might try using bat.  It is much better at presenting output
Kern> from queries -- that is since it is graphical, you have a lot
Kern> more control over the widths of columns.

This doesn't help me when I need to manage my bacula server over a
plain SSH connection without X forwarding, either because the
bandwidth is too low for X to be responsive, or because my client
doesn't do X properly.

Mostly, I see that bacula just does the mysql (or insert DB here)
queries and doesn't post-process the output to make it tighter, for
lack of a better word.

Basically, I think Bacula should be making the returned data fit into
as few colums as needed, and to also only show the data that needed.
I think that returning both the MediaID and the VolumeName are
redundant.  But that's just me.

Hopefully I'll have some time to go through and hack out some example
patches down the time sometime.

John